ALL ABOUT CONTACTLESS MASTERCARD (DEBIT AND CASH CARDS)
1. Where can I request for a Contactless Debit/Cash Cards
- Via secured inbox of POP Personal or Concierge of PBCOMobile
- Via PBCOM Customer Care Hotline (+632) 8777-2266 or Domestic Toll Free 1-800-10-777-2266
- Via Facebook messenger: https://m.me/PhilippineBankofCommunications
Note: For replacement and card delivery, please take note that there will be a card replacement fee of P150 and delivery fee depending on the location.
You may also visit any PBCOM branch to have your card replaced.
2. What does Contactless Mastercard mean?
It is a secure method in purchasing products or services using your Debit Card or Cash Card. All you need to do is to tap the card to pay at checkout. You can tell if the card is contactless enabled if you see this symbol:
3. How does it work?
You can use your contactless card at any Point of Sale (POS) terminal when you Shop, Dine and many more. You will no longer swipe or insert your card to purchase, you can simply tap or waive your card.
4. Will the contactless feature be available to all cards?
Yes, the contactless feature will be available to all PBCOM debit and cash cards.
5. How can I see my transactions?
After you tap your contactless card, payment details are sent wirelessly to our network. If your card is linked to your POP Personal or PBCOMobile app, you will receive the details after you tap your card.
6. Is it safe to use?
Yes, there is an encryption, which is unique to every purchase that protects the transaction data and the card of the customer, thus reducing the risk of loss or counterfeit.
7. What if the cashier tapped my card twice?
Safeguards are in place to bill customers only once if the card is accidentally tapped twice.
8. Can I still Withdraw on an ATM Machine using my Contactless Card?
Yes, you can still withdraw at any PBCOM ATM machine or any BancNet and ExpressNet ATM nationwide.
9. What are the benefits using this?
- Convenient and faster transaction
- Safety, because you will be the one to tap the card without giving it to the cashier
- Has a wide range of merchants
- Reduced handling of cash
- You keep a better of all your purchases (vs. using cash)
10. Where will the contactless card be accepted?
Contactless cards are accepted globally not just in retail stores, fast food restaurants, pharmacies, transit points of entry, grocery and convenience stores but as well as vending machines and taxicabs.
11. Do I still need to sign when I purchase?
Yes, depending on the merchant acquirer.
Some merchants may not require a signature if the transaction is less than Php 2000.
12. What if my card is lost/stolen, will I get a contactless card?
For any card replacement request, contactless card will be provided.
For your security, please report the lost card incident immediately to PBCOM Customer Care, so that the card can be blocked to prevent fraudulent use or use your PBCOMobile app to block your card.
Customer Care Numbers
Metro Manila: +632 8777- 2266
Domestic Toll Free: 1-800-10-777-2266
Customer Care Email: